Covid - 19 Protocol
Covid - 19 Protocol
My priority is to keep you as safe as possible, and prior to re-opening the Practice I have implemented a number of changes which I would like to make you aware of.
During the time the Practice has been shut, both in Falmouth and St Austell, all rooms have completely been redecorated and deep cleaned to ensure your safety.
I have also made a number of changes in the way that I operate that you will notice when you next visit.
If I feel ill or have symptoms of COVlD-19, I will self-isolate immediately. This may mean that I have to cancel your appointment at short notice. I appreciate that this may be inconvenient but it is done entirely for your own safety. If your appointment is cancelled you will be able to re-book again.
If you or any of the people you live with feel ill or display any symptoms of COVlD-19, please advise me as soon as possible and DO NOT COME IN FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. I have amended my booking terms and conditions and you will not be charged for any late cancellations due to illness.
Missed appointments, however, will still be charged at full price (or voucher will be voided) so if you decide you no longer want to keep your appointment please let me know as soon as possible so I can offer it to someone else.
Visiting the Practice
• For your safety and to maintain social distancing, I ask that you attend your appointments as close to the appointment time as possible.
• Please do not turn up early for appointments as this may mean that you come into contact with other clients who are just leaving, or other clients/therapists.
• If you arrive late your appointment will still finish at the scheduled time.
• I am no longer able to provide refreshments so please bring your own bottle of water.
• When you arrive in Falmouth please ring the bell on the wall in the entrance passage and someone will come down to let you in. When you arrive in St Austell please knock on the door and wait for me to let you in.
• You will be asked to sign a short declaration confirming that you are well and have not been in contact with Covid 19 or anyone who has.
• Your temperature will be taken (non invasive) and if ok you will be allowed to enter the clinic.
• If you are wearing gloves you will be asked to remove these before entering and another pair will be provided.
• If you wish to wear a mask please bring your own.
• You will be asked to sanitise your hands, please use the hand sanitiser provided again when you leave. Hand washing facilities are also available in the W.C.
I have increased the frequency of cleaning in the centre including making sure that common surfaces, toilet, taps, light switches, door handles, card reader etc. are wiped clean using disinfectant products between each client.
Please don’t be surprised or upset if I use personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit and during your treatment. This may include disposable visor/gloves/facemasks/aprons where appropriate.
• I can confirm that, if used, the laundering of towels is a priority and assure you that all towels are changed after each client.
• I understand the importance of hand hygiene and I will ensure that I wash my hands according with NHS recommendations before the start of your treatment and use sanitiser during the treatment when necessary.
• The window will need to be open for ventilation so if you feel cold please let me know.
I will try to make your treatment as safe, comfortable and enjoyable as possible. If you have any concerns about your treatments please let me know.
In order to avoid handling of cash, I would prefer if you could pay for your treatment by card or by BACS
If you need to pay by cash or cheque, I will ask you to place it in the envelope I provide
All of these procedures have been implemented for your safety and mine. I will continue to take advice from the Government and the NHS regarding safe practice and will amend them as necessary.
Please bear with me whilst I get used to this new way of working; although things will be different I hope you will continue to enjoy the same high standards and quality of treatments that you are used to.
If you have any questions about anything please let me know.
I look forward to seeing you soon!